The blog is up! Intro post from Barry – check. Welcome from Alex – check. Guidelines for engagement – check. Here’s what I put together:
Webtrends Social Media Code of Conduct
The Webtrends blog is just one of the many places we interact on the internet (employee blogs, social networking, micro-blogging, bookmarking sites and other user-generated content). We provide our team members with social media guidelines to consider when engaging others online.
In the spirit of best practices and partially inspired by Charlene Li/Forrester and Channel 9 – our social media code of conduct:
- We will tell the truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- We only delete comments that are spam, profanity, hate or infringe on copyrights. Offenders may be banned from commenting.
- We will speak with our own voices, not glossy corporate speech.
- We will correct any errors or omissions promptly, noting when we do.
- If we disagree with other opinions, we will do so respectfully.
- We will reply to comments, where appropriate, as promptly as possible.
- We will link to references and source materials directly
Please also consider the following when engaging with other people online:
- Try to add value. Provide worthwhile information and perspective. Webtrends is best represented by its people and what you publish may reflect on all of us.
- Respect your audience. The right time to jump in to a conversation is when your contribution either solves a problem or relieves pain.
- You are personally responsible for the content you publish on any form of user-generated media. Be mindful that what you publish will be public for a long time—protect your privacy, as well as ours. Respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws.
- Identify yourself and your role at company when you discuss Webtrends or Webtrends-related matters. Make it clear that the views expressed are yours and do not necessarily represent the views of your employer. Know and follow our general business conduct guidelines.
I’m excited – this is going to be fun!!